Transferring your domain to or from DevelopFX
In general domain transferring is pretty straight forward and generally the same as many other domain registrars. In many cases this process is quick and easy.
1. Advise your administrative contact that you are transferring the domain name if this is not you, and verify that your administrative contact information is valid where the domain is currently registered. If you are transferring .au domain name to us or any other registrar, you must verify that the email associated with your registrant contact is accurate. For more information, see Updating Your Domain Name Contact Information
2. If applicable, you may need to cancel your Protected Registration or Private Registration. For more information, see Canceling Protected Registration or Canceling Private Registration for Your Domain Names.
3. Unlock your domain name. See Locking and Unlocking Your Domain Names for more information.
4. In most cases you will need an authorization code. (Some domain name extensions do not require this code.) If you need an authorization code, see Getting an Authorization/EPP Code to Transfer Your Domain Name.
NOTE: For .eu domain name transfers, the authorization code is not required but can expedite the transfer. For more information, see Transferring .eu Domain Names to us.
5. Initiate the domain name transfer with new service or from within your account. You might need to consult the other registrar's help or support for specific instructions.
6. Authorize the transfer in your account with the us or the new registrar when you receive the email verification.
7. The registry notifies us, and then we email you instructions to complete the transfer. If you do not accept or deny the transfer request in your account with us within five days, we automatically complete the transfer. See Accepting or Declining a Transfer to New Registrar for more information.
8. The registry notifies your new registrar of the transfer's acceptance or rejection.
9.We email you confirmation when the transfer completes. A transfer between registrars takes five to seven days to complete after you authorize it.